Tweens. My children aren’t there yet–they are only 8 and 5. But I do have friends who have tweens and they. are. a. blast!! They’re funny, rambunctious without being too hyper, friendly, polite and oh so much fun. When people call me for sessions, they are usually for one of several things……maternity portraits, newborn portraits, one year old portraits or children’s portraits or family portraits. Why do we skip over tweens? The tween years only happen for a few short years and then you are into teenage world. (yikes)
Why a Denver tween portrait session??
- Tweens are in an awkward stage in their lives. Not quite child anymore but not quite a teenager either. Things are changing with their faces, bodies, teeth. Friendships are starting to solidify or fall completely away. Bullying starts happening. It’s all very overwhelming for the tween. Treating your tween to their very own photo session is a little treat for them and helps build self-confidence.
- Most parents already have baby pictures and children’s portraits. And they will eventually have senior portraits. Fill out your walls and albums with this stage of your child’s life.
- It’s a great activity for your tween to share with friends. Go in on a portrait session with some other parents and have best friends do a “best friends” session.
- Have a budding actor in the family? A tween portrait session is a good way to get some decent head shots taken.
- It’s fun. Tweens are fun and usually love having their photo taken. I can tell you as a photographer, it’s fun for us too. Tweens pay attention to direction and genuinely want to be there.
This particular session was taken on a pretty spring day in Denver’s City Park. Moms were able to rest and relax and talk while the kids and I had fun in the park. A good time was had by all. Tween photo sessions aren’t as popular as newborn portraits yet, but I’m guessing in the next two years they will become more and more popular. I truly recommend that every family invest in a Denver tween portrait session while they are this fun fun age!